Summary: Relationship Between Finances & Mental Health
- Name: Terry Turner Annuity.org
- Category: Education
- Email: [email protected]
- Media Outlet: Annuity.org
- Deadline: 4:00 PM EST – 4 April
Query: Hi, I’m Terry Turner, a writer working on a feature article for Annuity.org — an informational website focused on annuities and personal finance issues with more than 4 million page views per year. I’m working on a project exploring the relationship between finances and mental health and seeking some expert insight and quotes.
- What is your professional and/or personal insight into the relationship between finances and mental health?
- How do mental health issues make it harder to achieve financial independence?
- How can this relationship result in a vicious cycle of creating anxiety or stress leading to more financial difficulty?
- What steps can people take to address financial stress or anxiety?
- What impact may financial counseling programs have on mental health and how do people find and access these programs?
- How can family finances affect children’s mental health?
- How may financial stress affect different communities – women, people of color and people in low-income communities — in different ways?
Requirements: You can answer as many or as few as you would like, but please respond in quotable sentences. I’m looking for answers from certified mental health professionals and financial professionals. Please include your full name, title and any professional certification. And please provide a link to a professional headshot that can be used in the project if needed and a link to a website to confirm your credentials. Thanks!