Summary: Need grief expert to talk about how to honor loved ones who have passed away during holiday season
- Name: Jennifer Ortiz AARP.org
- Category: General
- Email: [email protected]
- Media Outlet: AARP.org
- Deadline: 9:00 AM EST – 11 December
Query: I’m writing a story about how to honor loved ones who have passed away during the holiday season.
- What are some tips for people coping with the loss of a loved one during what is typically a joyful time of seasonal celebrations and the upcoming new year?
- What are some family-friendly ways to keep a loved one’s memory alive during this time? (I’m looking for practical tips: ornaments, watching home videos, photo albums)
- Hoping to find some tips for what activities to do with grandkids who may have lost another grandparent or family member and may be curious to learn more about the deceased and the afterlife.
- I’d love any additional tips/insight that is geared toward a 50+ audience (who may have grandkids.)
Requirements: I need an expert source on grief– A licensed therapist, psychologist, counselor, or psychiatrist. If you’re a grief counselor or a licensed family therapist, please reach out!